Skip to main content

IIT Indore interview experience

IIT Indore Ms by research interview experience May 2020

IIT Indore


I was shortlisted for Ms by research in CSE program for 2020-21 academic year. The interview is conducted using Google-meet on 12th May. The exact questions asked by them are:

1. Tell me about yourself?
2. What are your favorite subjects?(Told DBMS and Algorithms)
3. What are the different algorithmic design techniques?
4. When should we use greedy?
5. When should we use dynamic programming?
6. Which is best greedy or dynamic programming?
7. What is stack memory and heap memory?
8. What is the difference between tree and a graph?
9. What are the real life applications of stacks?
10. What are the applications of stacks in compiler deisgn and in program execution?
11. What is a memory leak?
12. What is a dangling pointer?
13. What is a friend function?
14. How to find the rank of an element in an unsorted array?
15. What are linear time sorting algorithms?

I have answered almost all the questions correctly except the the 7th one. I said that I din't have any idea about the difference between them. I said I know about static memory and dynamic memory. After the interview I have come to know that it is nothing but static and dynamic memory. 

Click follow to receive new posts. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. And how the results were declared ? Via COAP ?

      Delete
    2. no, I did not join, I got better offers.

      Yes, for IIT Indore result for Ms is declared in COAP.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. What do you think about my performance in the interview ? (https://gateoverflow.in/blog/13381/iit-indore-ms-cse-interview-2021)
    Just being curious :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IIT Bhilai interview experience

IIT Bhilai Interview experience on May 2020 M.Tech 2020-21 admission   I got shortlisted along with 67 candidates for M.Tech CSE program in IIT bhilai (I have a gate score of 674 with rank AIR 970 OBC NCL category). The interview is conducted on May 11th at 3:00 pm.The interview is conduted through skype. There are three professors in the interview panel. These are the exact questions asked by them. 1. Tell me about yourself? 2. What are your favorite subjects?(I said DBMS and Algorithms) 3. How to find a primary key using Functional Dependencies? 4. What is the difference between natural join and outer join? How to perform outer join using simple relational algebra operators without using the outer join operator directly? 5. Give some examples for outer joins 6. What is a stable sorting algorithm? 7. Name some of the stable sortings? 8. How to convert any sorting algorithm to a stable sorting algorithm? 9. Give a function which is big oh of n and not omega of n. I have answered almost

IIT Madras Ms in CSE interview

IIT MADRAS MS BY RESERACH  I have cleared the GATE 2020 exam with rank AIR 970. I was shortlisted for MS interview in IIT Madras CSE department. The cut off for the call is shown in below image. Totally 200 applicants are called for MS interviews on July. I was nervous as most of the candidates have good GATE score than me. They asked for my subject preference before the interview. I selected DBMS as my choice.  On the day of the interview:  The interview is held online through google meet. There are two parts in the interview:  Part 1: They asked a programming question. We should code the solution in C programming language ( They did not give me a choice, otherwise I would prefer python :) ). The question they asked is a very simple one. How to convert a Doubly linked list to a circular doubly linked list . We should write the code for doing this in C programming language. I managed to complete the code in 2 minutes .They did not ask to compile the code , so I am safe :) . Part 2: The